Saturday, February 14, 2015

Travel Day(s)

So here it is. The day of departure. Of course I couldn't sleep much last night. When I slept, I slept well, but I was up at 2:30. It probably didn't help that Fufu was in my face the minute I opened my eyes.

She is laying right beside me on the cold floor. She know's. The bags are packed and by the door. I spent my morning getting the house semi-clean so our friends don't think we are pigs! We are very fortunate to have some really great friends. We have people taking care of Fufu and making sure she gets to the Dogsitter. We have friends taking care of the cat Noodles, and getting the mail. We have friends getting me to and from the airport. We have friends that care about us and will make sure things go well at home so we can relax and enjoy our vacation. Thank you to all those friends.
Jake & Megan, Mark & Cindy, Jim & Beth, PJ & Takka, Just to mention a few.

Bags are packed, house is clean (semi), and I am scared to death. As I mentioned, I have never traveled outside North America. To do this alone is pretty brave for me. Now I'm not completely alone because Kuan is on the other end, but the getting there is scary enough. If he wasn't there I'm sure I wouldn't be able to make myself go!

My trip today is  36 hours into the future. The actual time is about 24 actual hours. Hopefully we will stay in Taipei tonight rather than making the trip to Taichung.

No comments:

Post a Comment