Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We went to another night market last night on our way to get my glasses and contacts. As usual it there were a lot of people. People really get out and about here.

It was a great final opportunity to do some people watching and get some more great food. I had a crispy boneless chicken leg and thigh. It was from a street vendor and was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try and make some of this food I had while I was here. Kuan is a great cook but some of his food flavors are lost in the translation. Now that I've tasted some of this food I hope to be able to bridge that gap.

We were able to have a dinner and a lunch with his Mom. I learned some more about how a family would sit at the dinner table and eat. It's really a great way to share food and have conversation. We are going to make some changes in our home when it comes to dinner and how we sit and eat.

Last night we stopped at one of the old ice cream places. They have been in the same location since 1946. The ice cream was like a vanilla sherbet with kidney beans and shaved ice that was a little bit salty. The three flavors combined were really good together. Definitely the sweet and salty thing going on.

Today I came across a very large temple in Dali District. It was quiet with only a couple people around so I was able to explore a little and check things out a little more closely. 




No comments:

Post a Comment